I was born and raised in southern Brazil. My work life started roughly when Myspace was at the tail end of its popularity, between 2007 and 2009. Myspace allowed users to customize their profiles and create all sorts of interesting web designs, what I believe to be one of the biggest reasons for it rising to fame. This, aligned with my interest in music, led me to work as web designer for musician friends and acquaintances.
Fast forward a few years and I’m not as involved with web design, but I ended up discovering that the code that I like to write the most is usually called “front-end”. Code that delivers interactivity, content, and ultimately awesome experiences to customers.
Nowadays I help businesses achieve results via technology - as little of it as possible. I’m pretty flexible with that statement as it always depends on context: how big the business is, how old it is, how large the team is, how much time do we have.
I’m also flexible when it comes to technical preferences: I do like my front-end, but I don’t shy away from work that involves infrastructure, back-ends, databases or CI/CD pipelines, and I’m not married to any one programming language or framework.
Strong communication, empathy and speed are some of the things I try to focus on and make my specialties.
Have a look around and get in touch with me by going to the links at the bottom of the page. Thanks for visiting and reading this far! 🙌
I have vast experience on cross-functional product teams and solo work as a contractor.
Jimdo (04/2022 ~ Now)
I’m part of the team that provides technical solutions and business improvements to the customer support team.
claimsforce (03/2019 ~ 03/2022)
Improving and growing an enterprise web app for the insurance sector. Dabbling on mobile app development with Flutter here and there.
- Developed features in an agile, cross-functional product team, for both web and mobile applications in the insurance sector.
- Validated business value of potential features via prototypes and user monitoring.
- Led front-end chapter, championing software and delivery quality via acceptance tests and continuous improvement practices.
HAPPYCAR (01/2017 ~ 02/2019)
Part-time software developer, part-time UX/UI designer. Full-time problem solver.
- Improved performance of key marketing pages of the business, leading to 100% pagespeed score at the time - which in turn increased session lengths and google search ranking.
- A/B testing of features to confirm business value before full releases.
Toptal (07/2016 ~ 12/2016)
Front-end contract work.
DZ Estúdio (03/2011 ~ 10/2016)
- Awarded best-performing employee of 2013.
- Promoted and implemented the use of build tools on the front-end of projects.
- Promoted, taught, and implemented responsive design techniques on projects.
Design and front-end contract work for several local clients across the years.
Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design (2009 - 2015)
Centro Universitário Ritter dos Reis - Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Technical Degree in Information Systems (2008 - 2009)
Instituto Federal do Rio Grande do Sul - Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Technologies, programming languages and tools
I’m proficient at:
- React (& libraries that frequently go together)
- Front-end build tools (NPM, Webpack, others)
- E2E testing, especially via Cypress
- Unit testing
I’m familiar with:
- Tailwind CSS
- Transpilers and preprocessors (Sass, Postcss, Babel)
- Graphics software (Sketch, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, Figma)
- CI/CD, especially via Github Actions
- REST APIs
- Kotlin and Java
- Flutter and Dart
- AWS (Lambda / Cloudfront / S3 / Cloudformation / API Gateway / Route 53 / Codepipeline)
- Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- PHP and Laravel
- Query languages: MySQL and Postgres