This page is inspired by Wes Bos’s.
- IDE: VS Code
- Theme: Solarized Light
- Font: Whatever is default on Mac??? Monaco?
- Terminal: zsh (+ oh-my-zsh) running inside VS Code
- Browser: Firefox as the daily driver, Safari for work.
- Extensions: OneTab, uBlock Origin, Privacy Badger, OctoLinker, SteamDB
- Database management: TablePlus
- VCS: I used Sourcetree for a good part of a decade due to its great branch visualization. Switched to a VS Code extension called Git Graph that accomplishes the same thing but doesn’t require me to switch apps. For other version control needs, VS Code’s UI and the terminal suffice.
- Namecheap is my preferred domain registrar.
- Communications: Slack
- Window management: Rectangle, spiritual successor of Spectacle. You need this if you’re coming from Windows.
- Task management: A trusty todo.txt file most of the time, especially for work. Apple Reminders for timed tasks (and groceries). Notion for more complex planning.
- Music: Spotify
- ImageOptim for the occasional image optimization need.
- SoundID Reference to calibrate my headphones.
- 2021 MacBook Pro M1 14-inch, 32 GB
- Iphone 13 Pro
- Bose QuietComfort 45
- Sony WF-1000XM3 earbuds at the gym